Looking for an effective body resistance exercise that tones your lower body and can boost your overall fitness? Look no further, the squat is the perfect exercise that can dramatically transform your body. Incorporating the squat exercise in your workout routine is very versatile as it can be performed anywhere with different versions and requires no equipment.
Squats can give good results very fast as well as it can help decrease your risk of injury, and keep you moving more easily throughout the day. A few other benefits in adding a squat into your routine is it will help lift and build a better booty, strengthen knees and joints (if performed properly and not injured) (1), will help increase performance by helping you jump higher and run faster, and help build muscle which in end burns more calories.
The major muscles used in this exercised will be the quads, hamstrings, glutes, abs, & calves.
Different Versions of Squats
- Bodyweight Basic
- Chair Squat
- Wall Sit Squat
- Squat Dumbbell Squat
- Goblet Squat Barbell Squat
- Barbell Back Squat
- Front Squat
- Split Squat
- Pile’ Squat
- Jump Squat
- Sumo Squat
- Pistol Squat
- Overhead Squat
How to do a squat correctly:
- Stand with your feet hip/shoulder-width apart, toes facing down, and your arms down by your side.
- Start to lower your body back as far as you can by pushing your hips back, bending your knees and placing your body weight into your heels.
- As you are lowering into the squat, your arms will start to raise out in front of you for balance.
- Keep a neutral spine at all times keeping your head as well as your chest upright and never let your knees go over your toes.
- The lower body should be parallel with the floor and your chest should be lifted at all times, not rounded. Go as deep as you can without suffering on your form.
- Pause for about 5 seconds, then lift back up in a slow controlled movement to the starting position. Make sure to press through the heels and straighten out the hips when coming back up.
Looking to add some workouts and you don’t know where to start? Maybe you would prefer to have some weekly or monthly workouts delivered through an app that you can complete online anywhere. I can help, I can deliver a workout program weekly with customized workouts tailored to you, with videos on how to perform them, tracking and have the accountably to help you reach your goals, ongoing support and coaching. You still get the benefits of a professional fitness trainer without the hefty per session cost. You can work out anywhere, anytime, and at a schedule that works for you!
For more information, view my online fitness training service below or email me !
*Always contact your physician before performing in type of exercise or nutrition program.