There is nothing like fresh juicy peaches in the summertime, but did you know that peaches are rich in vitamins, minerals, and beneficial plant compounds?
- Antioxidants-This summertime fruit is high in antioxidants, which aids in boosting immunity.
- Skin Health-Peaches can also help improve skin health due to being high in Vitamin A & C.
- Aid in Digestion-It can also help aids in digestion and contributes to weight loss due to its high fiber content.
- Heart Health-Peaches can help support heart health due to the fiber, vitamin C, and potassium in peaches.
- Calcium-A medium-sized peach has 9 milligrams of calcium
- Eye Health-Lutein and zeaxanthin in peaches help protect the retina and lens, and vitamin A in peaches also helps support healthy vision.
- Hydrating-Peaches contain about 80% water content, which makes this fruit a great solution to beat dehydration during the summer heat.
Here are some great recipes to incorporate this fantastic summer fruit in your next meals or treat.
Peach Pie Smoothie
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and pit removed
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup of almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract or 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder.
Blend ingredients and enjoy. Add maple syrup or honey if needed.
Peach Cobbler Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats (regular or gluten-free)
- 1/2-3/4 cup of almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 medium peach, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of chia or flax seed
Mix ingredients together until combined. Put in jars and cover. Refrigerate overnight. Serves 2
Peach Grilled Cheese
- 2 medium peached, peeled and sliced
- Sliced Gruyere or cheese of choice (can use vegan cheese)
- 4 slices of multigrain bread
- a handful of spinach or arugula
Using a skillet, add a slice of bread, buttered side down. Put a layer of sliced peaches, cheese, and top with spinach or arugula. Top with 2nd slice of bread, buttered side up.
Cook over medium heat, occasionally flipping until cheese is melted. Serves 2
Peach Chicken or Chickpea Salad
- 1/2 cup diced Chicken breast or 1/2 can Chickpeas if plant based
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 medium fresh peach or 1/4 can peaches
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise or yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix ingredients together in a bowl. Spread on bread or crackers. Serves 2
There are so many great ways to eat and incorporate peaches in your next meal. How do you like to eat peaches? Do you have a go-to recipe you love?