Working out in a time crunch seems impossible. We all know how important it is to move your body and get in regular exercise, but we get busy or life gets in the way at times. Things pop up all of the time and make it challenging to stay active.
You know that exercising or staying active is good for you, can help you lose weight, boost metabolism, improve your mood, and even sleep. But I know what you are thinking, who has the time?
It’s all too easy to move your workout to “tomorrow.” And guess what? In reality, that’s what most of us end up doing and a lot of times, “tomorrow” doesn’t come. After all, you’re busy with everyday responsibilities at work and home with your job, family, children, home chores, cooking, and just plain tired.
If you’re not currently working out, the idea of getting started can seem overwhelming and dreaded.
But getting regular exercise is less of a time commitment than you may think, and the PAYOFFS are definitely worth it … both now and into the future!
Why should I make the time for Fitness? Here are a few benefits why you should rethink and try to add in at least 10-20 mins of exercise a few days a week. Heck, start with 5 min and work up.
- Cut your risk of heart disease. Working out strengthens your heart and improves your circulation, boosting blood flow and oxygen levels in your body. This helps lower your risk of high cholesterol and triglycerides, high blood pressure, heart disease, and heart attacks.
- Improve blood sugar and insulin levels. This cuts your risk for type 2 diabetes – and also helps manage it if you’ve already developed it.
- Boost your mood and mental health. When you work out, your body releases chemicals that help reduce stress, lift your mood and leave you feeling mentally refreshed.
- Build your bones and muscles. Regular exercise can help build bone and also slow the loss of bone density that comes with age. Plus, strength- training workouts can help you maintain / increase your muscle mass and strength.
- Improve your sleep. It can help you fall asleep faster AND stay asleep longer.
- Keep your brain healthy. Regular exercise encourages your body to release proteins and chemicals that improve your brain’s function and structure.
- Control your weight. It helps you burn more calories, a key part of weight loss, and helps you build and maintain metabolically active muscle tissue.
- Lowers risk of falling. Especially for older adults … doing balance and strength exercises (on top of moderate cardio workouts) can reduce the risk of falling down.
- Improve longevity. Being active helps protect you from dying early from the leading causes of death, like cancer or heart disease.
I know you are thinking that is great and all, but I do not have 45-60 min to workout with everything I have going on in my life
What if I told you that you do not have to work out that long? I talked about this a few months ago in my blog “How much Exercise Do You Need” that working out just 10-20 minutes every other day or 3 days a week is sufficient. You can even do two 5min workouts in the morning, during break or lunch, and after work to break it up.
That is why I have a FREE handy dandy Time Crunch Workout Guide for you to download and use as a guide to help you get more bang in your exercise buck in a short amount of time.
Which in this case means TIME, EFFORT, and ENERGY.
Health experts recommend that you get at least 150 minutes of moderate activity a week or 75 minutes of vigorous activity.
"A 30 minute workout is just 2% of your Day"
Moderate activity includes things like walking, swimming, hiking, or mowing the lawn. Vigorous activity includes jogging/running, kickboxing classes, HIIT classes, or indoor cycling.
STOP pushing your health and well-being to aside and start making time for yourself TODAY!
Go ahead and download my Time Crunch Workout Guide where you’ll find results-driven workouts that will fit into even the busiest schedule and for ALL fitness levels!
Bottom line: Your fitness doesn’t have to suffer because you have a jammed schedule. In fact, making time to improve your fitness can help you bring MORE energy to the rest of your life! Finding even 5-10 minutes to crank out a quick workout can leave you feeling stronger, refreshed, and ready to take on your day. So, what are you waiting for?
At Erin Wheless Wellness, I am all about finding healthy solutions that work with your lifestyle – especially those that keep you feeling motivated and feeling successful!
And it’s one of the things I do best in the 360 Holistic Wellness Program. This program is specifically designed to give you exactly what you need when you need it and help you reach your goals, no matter how those needs may change.
*Always contact your physician before performing in type of exercise or nutrition program.